August: 12-17 2014
September: 17-21 2014 “This is the future. It’s very positive and fruitful. The blues is in good hands. When someone has the right intentions, with sincerity, you can never go wrong. This is the person who has the voice, the sound, and the intentions, to touch everybody’s heart.” – Carlos Santana
TOMMY CASTRO BAND NOMINATED FOR 5 BMAs in 2011
- Tommy was been nominated as B.B. King Entertainer of the Year and Contemporary Blues Male Artist of the Year.
- The Tommy Castro Band was been nominated for Band of the Year
- Tommy Castro Presents The Legendary Rhythm & Blues Revue – Live!! was been nominated for Contemporary Blues Album Of The Year
- Keith Crossan was been nominated for Instrumentalist – Horn
- Band of the Year!
- BB King Entertainer of the Year – Tommy Castro
- Contemporary Blues Artist of the Year – Tommy Castro
- Contemporary Blues Album of the Year – Hard Believer
All I really was hoping for was to win Band Of The Year, because my band works so hard and brings their best to the stage night after night. We backed up several artists throughout the year as the Legendary Rhythm & Blues Revue, many times without rehearsals. They do their homework and always make me proud.
We all did our part in the making of Hard Believer. The rest of the awards did surprise me. I’m humbled, honored and full of gratitude today. Thanks to all of you who voted for us. Thank you for your support, encouragement and all the very nice comments on my Facebook wall, congratulating us.
I really couldn’t do any of this without all of you in my corner.”
Tommy MORE PRAISE AND AWARDS FOR HARD BELIEVER
- The results of the 2010 Living Blues Awards Readers’ Poll are in and the Best New Release Blues Album of 2009 is: Tommy Castro’s Hard Believer from Alligator Records!
- The 2010 Blues Blast Music Awards were announced Thursday night October 29, at Buddy Guy’s Legends in Chicago and the Tommy Castro Band was honored with the Best Blues Band Award!
At the Blues Music Awards on May 8, Tommy won BB King Blues Entertainer of the Year and Painkiller won for Contemporary Blues Album of the Year!
“This is the future. It’s very positive and fruitful. The blues is in good hands. When someone has the right intentions, with sincerity, you can never go wrong. This is the person who has the voice, the sound, and the intentions, to touch everybody’s heart.”
– Carlos Santana
“Tommy Castro is at the top of the list of emerging blues stars who will carry the torch for the generations to come.”
– Norman Davis, Blues Writer/DJ/Host of Midnight Flyer
“One of the most authentic blues guitarists around. I think Tommy Castro has potential to be the next contemporary blues giant … he has so much charisma … he’s real, this is the real thing …”
– Bob Jones, Program Director KDIA Radio
“One of the highlights of Sunday’s (San Francisco Blues Festival) show was the performance by Tommy Castro. Castro and his band really lit a fire under the crowd with their full-on blues rock sound … Castro, not a note escaping his black Fender Stratocaster, got the crowd on its feet … the performance by Castro and his red-hot blues band was the high point of the (Bammies) awards show.”
– Craig Marine, San Francisco Examiner
“The crowd is still talking about his (Tommy Castro’s) electrifying performance … Tommy and his band are nothing short of great.”
– Niecy Durley, Associate Director, Monterey Bay Blues Festival
“The Tommy Castro Band is not only one of the most popular groups to come out of San Francisco, but this band is also on the verge of stardom … I predict that Tommy Castro will be the next rising star on the blues horizon. He’s got it all!”
– Tom Mazzolini, Producer San Francisco Blues Festival & Blues Programmer, KPFA Radio
“… Castro, current king of the San Francisco blues scene, is an elastic, chillingly intense vocalist and scorching guitarist who knows just when to lay back and when to invade …”
– Lee Hildebrand, The East Bay Express
“There are a lot of people in this world who play the blues, but then there are those who are the blues and Tommy Castro is the blues …”
– Herbie Herbert, Herbie Herbert Management
August: 12-17 2014
September: 17-21 2014
- Leadguitar/vocals: Tommy Castro
- Bass: Randy McDonald
- Keys: James Pace
- Drums: David Tucker
[embedplusvideo height=”500″ width=”680″ editlink=”http://bit.ly/1n0lhnf” standard=”http://www.youtube.com/v/EoTBze2uIVE?fs=1&vq=hd720″ vars=”ytid=EoTBze2uIVE&width=680&height=500&start=&stop=&rs=w&hd=1&autoplay=0&react=1&chapters=¬es=” id=”ep1138″ /]